Established in 2010, Pepperstone is a globally trusted online broker offering forex trading, spread betting, and CFDs across several markets including forex, indices, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
The broker provides clients with an easy registration process along with a bunch of great trading tools and features such as; access to industry-leading advanced trading platforms; low latency and fast order execution and an awarding-winning 24/5 client support team.
Pepperstone Broker Details
|Foundation||Founded in 2010|
|Regulations||ASIC (Australia), FCA (United Kingdom), |
|Trading Platforms||MT4, MT5 and cTrader; computer platforms, |
web-based platforms, mobile app
|Maximum Leverage||1:1 – 1:500|
1:1 – 1:30 (EU Traders)
|Minimum trade size||0.01|
|Maximum trade size||100|
|Account Currencies||AUS, USD, SGD, HKD, JPY, NZD, EUR, |
CHF and GBP
|Visa, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, Poli, |
Bank Transfer and local funding methods in
certain regions (e.g Malaysia, Brazil),
European local bank transfer
|Execution||No Dealing Desk|
|Instruments||CFDs and Spread betting|
|Languages||English, Chinese, Arabic, French, German, |
Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish,
Thai and Vietnamese, Serbian, Czech, Slovak
Pepperstone Pros & Cons
- Regulation from top-tier regulatory bodies globally.
- Easy account registration process.
- Awarding-winning 24/5 client support team
- Low latency and fast order execution.
- Access to industry-leading advanced trading platforms including MT4, MT5, and cTrader platforms.
- Consistently competitive spreads, including ultra-low spreads from 0.0 pips on the Razor account.
- Active Trader Program to reward high volume trading with cash rebates which is paid daily.
- Pepperstone does not accept traders in the US.
- Demo Account only lasts 30 days.
- Although Pepperstone offers a wide range of markets, Pepperstone does not offer as many assets as compared to other industry-standard brokers.
Pepperstone License and Regulation.
Pepperstone is licensed and regulated by top-tier regulatory bodies globally, making them a trustworthy broker to work with as these regulatory bodies establish standards for the qualification of financial institutions and also ensures consistent compliance with the set standards.
The regulatory bodies under which Pepperstone is regulated by includes;
- ASIC – Australian Securities and Investments Commission (Australia),
- FCA – Financial Conduct Authority (UK) &
- DFSA – Dubai Financial Services Authority (Dubai).
Pepperstone Account Types
Using Pepperstone, clients have the option of choosing from two account types that are designed to suit different trading needs. The account types available on Pepperstone;
- Standard Account – Best for beginners
- Razor account – Best suited for traders with distinct trading styles (like scalping, algorithmic trading, etc.) due to the lower cost setup seen in the Razor account.
Standard Account Features
- No commissions are charged
- Fees are calculated in the spread which is the combination of raw spread + 1 pip increase (e.g. 0 pip spread plus 1 pip = 1 pip)
- Institutional grade spreads offered
Razor Account Features
- Ultra-low spreads are offered
- Commission fee of $3.50 per 100k Round in USD
- Fees are calculated by adding raw spreads and commissions e.g. 0 pip spread plus $7 commission = total cost
- Institutional grade spreads offered
Asset Class Offered Pepperstone
Just like many other industry-standard brokers, Pepperstone offers a range of trading instruments, which is good for clients who want to diversify into other markets, all from one trading platform.
Pepperstone asset class Details
|Forex||60+ currency pairs including majors, minor and exotics pairs with leverage of up to 1:500|
|Indices||14 major stock markets with no commission and leverage of up to 1:200.|
|Commodities||10+ commodities including coffee, cocoa, cotton, orange juice, sugar, oil, gas, and more with leverage of up to 1:500|
|Precious Metals||including precious metals like gold and silver|
|Shares CFDs||60+ including popular companies such as Apple, Alphabet, Tesla, and Alibaba with leverage of up to 1:20.|
|Cryptocurrencies||5 cryptocurrency CFDs (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ethereum, Litecoin) with leverage up to 5:1|
Pepperstone Spreads and Fees
Pepperstone offers variable spreads on their trading platforms through straight-through processing (STP) of orders with prices coming from top-tier liquidity providers.
In comparison to other industry-standard brokers, Pepperstone stands out with one of the best spreads offered on the forex market, with their Razor account which comes with ultra-low spreads starting as low as 0.0 pips on highly traded currency pairs like EUR/USD, GBP/USD, etc.
Pepperstone Deposit and Withdrawal Options
Pepperstone offers a variety of payment and withdrawal options, down to local funding methods in certain regions such as Brazil and Malaysia. This means clients have the ease of transacting using their preferred payment or withdrawal options.
Payment and Withdrawal Methods offered by Pepperstone includes;
- Bank Transfer
Also, the withdrawal processing time is quite fast compared to other industry-standard brokers with the average withdrawal processing time ranging from 12 to 24 hours.
Pepperstone Trading Platforms
Pepperstone does not offer a proprietary trading platform but gives access to industry-leading advanced third-party trading platforms including MetaTrader4, MetaTrader5, and cTrader which are available on Web, mobile, and PC.
Pepperstone Trading Platforms Details
Pepperstone Customer Support
Pepperstone offers an awesome customer support service which stands to be one of the best among other leading brokers in the industry and this undoubtedly plays a huge role in the success of the broker as a whole, based on the awards and client feedbacks they have received over the years.
The customer support team is available 24/5 and can be reached via live chat, telephone and email.
Pepperstone stands out to be a really good broker to work it, considering the fact that they’ve been in the industry for over 10 years, and in that space have managed to build a great reputation, not just among traders but in the trading industry with the numerous number of awards they’ve won over the years.
Along with building a wonderful reputation in the trading industry, Pepperstone also offers a lot of other great features which include combining lightning-fast execution speeds, raw spreads, and low commissions with a genuine commitment to helping you achieve your trading goals.
- Is Pepperstone a good broker?
Pepperstone is a good broker and stands out as one of the top forex and CFD brokers in the industry. They are also considered safe and trustworthy as they are licensed and regulated by top tier regulatory bodies globally, with regulations from ASIC (Australia), FCA (United Kingdom) and DFSA (Dubai).
- What is Pepperstone's minimum deposit?
The required initial deposit on Pepperstone is 0$. This means clients do not have a minimum to which they can deposit, although the broker recommends a minimum deposit of $200.
- How long do withdrawals take on Pepperstone?
Withdrawal processing time on Pepperstone takes an average of 12 to 24 hours, depending on the the payment option.
- Does Pepperstone accept US traders?
No, Pepperstone does not accept US traders.
- How do I open a Pepperstone live account?
To open a live trading account on Pepperstone,
Visit the broker's homepage,
Click open account.
Fill in the required details which take 3-5 minutes to complete and your account is opened.
- Does Pepperstone allow scalping?
Yes, Pepperstone allows scalping and this is available across all account types offered.
- Does Pepperstone allow hedging?
Yes, Pepperstone allows hedging and this is available across all account types offered.
- How do I change leverage on Pepperstone?
To change the leverage on your Pepperstone account;
Go to your account section (if you're already registered)
In your secure client area, click on the pen icon above the relevant account and select Change Leverage.
Note: Changing an account's leverage will affect any open positions on your trading account.